Where would you like to begin?
Synergy Technologies and Project: Wingman are here to help you to understand how to build a better resume, learn new and modern video conference techniques and even provide insight on how to nail your interview.
Choose where you would like to begin by clicking on the graphics below:
Build A Better Resume
Reviewing Your Resume
Social Profile Updating
Interview Skills Review
All done? Not so fast….Now that you have a complete review of your skills, experiences and education, it is time to make sure it is set up to get you the interview. The Synergy Technologies Recruiting teams spend more time reviewing resumes than any other activity. They will bring their expertise to bear in evaluating yours. Sign up below and you will get a professional review of your resume and suggestions for improvement.
Looking for –
- Simple Errors – even great authors use proofreaders
- Powerful Words – good words strengthen and poor ones detract
- Clear Timeline – unexplained gaps in the job history are a red flag
- Details – sharing outcomes and value added is stronger than just duties
- Keywords – applicant tracking systems use keywords for screening
- Brevity – a concise resume of two pages is the goal
Ready to review your resume?
Our team is standing by to help!
Video Conferencing Tips and Techniques
The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically increased the use of video conferencing tools as an alternative for classes in schools, meetings for companies and reunions with families. Due to this increased volume of use, it is imperative for everyone to have a basic understanding of some common and widely-used tools, as these tools have become the new normal. Additionally and regardless of the tool, there are a number of simple things that will make your conference or interview better.
Tips to improve your interview or conference –
- Test the software beforehand with a friend or family member
- Check microphone and camera to ensure functionality
- Use mute when you are not the speaker
- Control your environment – the lighting and background are critical
- Do not place call on hold – hold music will play – use mute instead
- No distractions – kids, dogs, and any noises should be considered
- Phone and Computers used together can cause feedback – open the tool first and have the tool call your phone!
Ready to learn more about Video Conferencing?
Let our experts walk you through new techniques.
Interview Skills Review
The key to a great interview is to be prepared! Know the employer’s business and how your skills can help them. Know what is in your resume. Prepare for typical interview questions by rehearsing. Our team helps people get ready for interviews every day and we can get you in position to interview with confidence and get your next job!
- Do research the company – know their business
- Do dress professionally and be well-groomed
- Do rehearse for common questions
- Do bring a copy of your resume
- Do maintain eye contact and a positive attitude
- Do thank the interviewer for their time
- Do send a thank you email after the interview
- Don’t speak informally – use proper language
- Don’t overstate – be truthful, but not overly humble
- Don’t overtalk – answer the questions concisely
- Don’t speak poorly about past jobs or complain
- Don’t stray off topic – stay focused
- Don’t fidget or slouch – body language is important
- Don’t share inappropriate humor – if you think it is, it is
Ready to nail your interview?
Let our experts show you about new trends, new technology and help you stay up to date.
Learn About Networking Connections
One of the most common and effective methods for people to obtain a job is to use their personal “network”, however, some workers do not have such a luxury. Synergy can help alleviate the issue by introducing displaced workers to our large network, so that those who need it can use it to get their next job!
Ready to Establish More Network Connections?
Let us show you how improving your network connections can help to broader your search parameters.
Please fill out the form below:
Download a PDF file with details of our program
Click the button to get your copy.
PDF Download – 782 KB